Welcome to the Woodstock - Preservation Archives
Dedicated to the Historic Preservation of the Site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival
THE WOODSTOCK SITE
Hurd & West Shore Rds
Our deepest gratitude to Max and Miriam Yasgur for giving the world an unforgettable setting for an unforgettable event.
With Our Sincere Thanks:
| We, the
Woodstock Preservationists, are grateful for this cause that was
started by those before us, and to those who brought life to the
Woodstock Preservation Alliance.
We are grateful for each other, and for the fate or "spirit" which brought this core group of preservationists together. Different people, from different countries, who've grown up in different decades- sharing a common goal. The attempts for the historical preservation of the original Woodstock Site was an arduous undertaking, one of commitment, focus and strength, and we are thankful for the opportunity to have worked together on these efforts, and honored to have been part of this dedicated team.
With a deep respect, we extend our sincere thanks to Michael Wm. Doyle Ph.D. for his involvement and support in this project. Dr. Doyle was an essential part of these proceedings, and we are grateful to him for his time, energy and the expert guidance he provided, advising us on the best practices of historic preservation.
We are indebted to our webmaster, Timothy Dicks, for the countless hours and exemplary labors he contributed to this project - bringing our cause, and our efforts to a global audience.
Our sincere appreciation to PDQ Print Center, Scranton, PA - John Sokirka, printer - for all their help over the years, contributing exceptional quality photocopying services - printing our flyers, posters, documents, etc..
We would like to thank the members of the Woodstock Preservation Alliance, especially Carolyn Madsen, Frank Gerchman, and Jim Cook, with special thanks to Tommy "Purple" Hayes.
We would like to thank the New York State Historic Preservation Office, The National Trust for Historic Preservation, The American Council for Historic Preservation, and the New York State Preservation League.
And we would like to extend our gratitude and appreciation to everyone who offered support or provided assistance, along the way, especially:
- Artie Kornfeld - Woodstock promoter/co-creator and many of the Woodstock '69 alumni, including Woodstock director Michael Wadleigh, Woodstock MC and Hogfarm leader Wavy Gravy (aka Hugh Romney), On-Stage production supervisor John Morris, Stage construction supervisor Chris Langhart, Sound Engineer Bill Hanley, and Stage production and lighting guru Chipmonck.
- All the people from around the world who signed our petition, and all those who volunteered their time to circulate that petition
- All those who submitted letters of opinion to the Town of Bethel
- All those who promoted our cause to their neighbors, local newspapers and radio stations
- All those who provided financial support for our website maintenance
- Lisa Law for allowing the use of her photographs
- All the webmasters who promoted our cause and banner on their websites, with special thanks to woodstock69.com for also endorsing our petition.
In addition, we would also like to thank: